Sunday, March 2, 2008

What a day!

What a day since 6 am! I woke up at 6 am with a splitting headache. I can no longer take my favorite pain reliever, Motrin because it sends my BP up and I especially could not take it since I realized I forgot to take my BP med the night before along with another night time med. So I started off with two Tylenol. An hour later I was working on number three. By the time I went to church at 9 am I was on 4. I was tempted to call and say I would not be there to teach the preschoolers but my helper had already called the night before saying she was not going to be there either. I get there late because it took all my might to shower and get dressed. I knew something was wrong when my brother , who is the young adult/couples teacher was in with the elementary kids and my future sister in law was sitting with my preschoolers. I then received the news that the elementary school teacher was sick and would not be there and I had both classes. Ok preschoolers and elementary schoolers with a major headache, oh my. Let me say, Praise God for videos. We moved the big screen into the children's department and hooked up the video, sad thing is that I have great DVD's but the church DVD player is broke and no one has donated one yet. Both classes sat and watched Max Lucado's Hermie the Caterpillar. It was great. Well somewhat great , I could not figure out how to turn the volume down so the video sounded like a movie theater which is not good with a headache.

Praise the Lord that one of the adults from upstairs came down to help and I snuck out thinking a Pepsi might help me. Well the Pepsi expired in December and it really had lost its zip or I have lost my zip for my wonderful Pepsi. Do you remember when sodas did not have expirations, did they taste bad then or is it psychological?One sip and it was in the trash. Praise the Lord again that when I was walking back from my soda adventure that my children's music director was early for music time for my preschoolers. She decided to work with both classes for the short Easter song they are singing on the 23rd. She finished in just enough time for snacks, YAY! After snack time, the younger ones have playtime with the weekly rotation of workers and it was not my rotation, yay again. The older ones go upstairs for worship and then children's choir. I then played hookie from big church and went home to rest.

On the way home, I decided to go to Mickey D's and get a medium soda and my stomach was queasy so I was going to try some fries, weird I know. Unfortunately it was 10:35 and were still serving breakfast and no fries. You know if I had wanted breakfast at 10:35 they would have told me they had switched to the lunch menu already. Oh well! I still bought a soda though and it did help some. I came home and opened a single bad of chee-tos, which had expired last month but hey I was desperate. I ate two or three and either I have lost my zip for chee-tos or they were not as good because they had expired. Well, my mom and nephew tried them and said it was me, so I guess I have lost my zip for them.

I then took two more tylenol, I know I know, overdose girl but I was hurting. I rested a little while and went to the YMCA pool for family day with my nephew. At this point I was numb. I did swim eight laps for the first time in 17 years, wow. I know the lifeguard wanted to laugh at me trying to swim after all those years but she just smiled. I am sure she was chuckling inside. I also did some waterwalking while I was there.

Well we went to get some chinese food, you know one cup of chicken chow mein is only 4 points so that is my best friend right now. Unfortunately I guess with my headache recovery I was extremely sensitive to sodium and could not eat my chow mein. I was sad. My steamed dumplings were not palatable to me either tonight. I guess my headache has affected my taste buds too. Despite my sensitivities I am somehow out of points, can you explain that?

What a day! What a day!


Tags: ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh; poor you!! that sounded like a doozy of a headache and what a trooper you were to make it to church and teach your class!!! others would not have been that conscientious about their commitments made.

I think its good you have lost the desire for some of the foods that you ate before; I hope its something that continues after your headache goes away; that will perhaps diminish cravings for them

I do hope your headache has gone away by now

betty