Monday, March 3, 2008

But I am not hungry & Couscous adventure

I have had all my meals and still have points left. One problem, I am not hungry. I know you are supposed to eat all your daily points but I am sitting in the kitchen looking at every item thinking, nope don't want that either. I just am not hungry. I have 8 points to go. I did finally eat a chocolate marshmallow egg but that was only 3 points. I am still sitting back going, hmmh. I have never had this predicament before. I am usually an overeater not an undereater. Maybe I will go drink a little soda. I just do not want anything. Have I mentioned that?

Today I decided to be adventurous and try couscous. Has anyone else been this adventurous? I bought the broccoli cheese flavor and was so excited because I could eat a whole cup for only 4 points. Well, let me say couscous should be renamed boardboard because it tasted just like cardboard. Does anyone have any pointers to make that stuff more palatable? Needless to say that is one reason I have some points left because I scraped that right off my plate into the trash. Blah!

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like couscous, I haven't had any in a long time since I tend to eat low-carb; I used to get the chicken flavored stuff.  Did you add margarine to it while it was cooking? If I remember correctly, it gave you the option of adding it or not. We used to add margarine to ours.

to have the nice dilemma to have points left over! That's great; honestly, I think if it was just a day or so a week that this happened, I wouldn't sweat it too much

betty

Anonymous said...

Just give me brown rice!  
~Meg

Anonymous said...

By the way, I made the couscous with a little but of olive oil like the directions said. Maybe I should try another flavor next time.