Saturday, March 29, 2008

Ummmh, cake

Tonight I needed to find something to fix to celebrate my sunday school helper's birthday. I will confess that her birthday was last Sunday but it completely slipped my mind being that it was Easter. I am playing it off like I did on purpose since Easter was so busy with the kids giving a presentation upstairs. Shhhh! She will fall for it. 

 One problem though, she is a diabetic. I had a sugar free muffin in my hand but was not satisfied. I walked over to the cake mixes and ran across the new Pillsbury Moist Supreme Reduced Sugar cake mixes and icing. I thought, "why not." If I make cupcakes it will make the serving size even smaller for her which in turn is even less sugar. I made 24 cupcakes and only used half the container of icing. The cupcakes are delicious and have just enough icing on them to not be overpowering.  Though personally I prefer overpowering it with the icing. I am an icing girl. Oh no, now I have confessed that I stole a cupcake and now there are only 23 but the baker must do taste tests, true.

I went and calculated the points and one cupcake only has 3.5 points. To some that may sound like a lot but if you are really wanting something, 3.5 is nothing compared to the commercially bought cake you may buy. I know that the average birthday cake slice is 12 points. So 3.5 to 12, I will take the 3.5.

Here is the link if you want to see the product. http://www.pillsburybaking.com/products/product_detail2.aspx

On another note, last post I was bragging about how great I felt working out so much. Tonight I decided to do my Leslie Sansone video, which I have not done in a week or so. Oh my , she hurt me. I am feeling the different muscles that I do not use at the Y on the elliptical or waterwalking. Wow, my muscles are ready for bed but unfortunately it is 11 PM and I have not prepared a sunday school lesson yet. Oh am I a procrastinator. Off I go to get that done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great idea about the cupcakes both for your Sunday school helper and for a nice little treat without a lot of points used!

hope the lesson goes well :)

betty

Anonymous said...

GIRL I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!

You are doing soo great and I am glad your dad is getting out of the house.  Now, if you can just get him walking those hills beside you:~)

I love you sis!!!

Jen