Friday, March 21, 2008

Call me Popeye!

I have a new addiction .... steamed and sauteed fresh spinach. I add Mrs. Dash and Molly Mcbutter when steaming it and it is so delicious. When I sautee I use a tablespoon of olive oil, garlic, mrs. dash and it is even better. Tonight I sauteed some portabello mushrooms with garlic and herb mrs dash and molly mcbutter then threw in some spinach with it . Oh my , I can not even explain how delicious it was. You might want to try it.

Ohhh one more thing, last night I wanted a ham sandwich. I bought that Oscar Mayer thin sliced smoke ham ( 45 calories a serving). I used two servings on my high fiber bread , then used fresh spinach instead of lettuce then added tomato with a little light mayo and mustard. It was soooo good. I even made it for breakfast this morning it was so good. Total points was about 5 and it was so filling.

Call me Miss Popeye but my spinach does not come from a can, blahhh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that spinach sounds good! I can eat the baby spinach leaves all day they are so tasty!

great idea with that sandwich; sounds healthy and yummy!

betty