Monday, March 24, 2008

Okra casserole, now that is a new one

In one of my previous posts I was talking about how hard Easter dinner would be because of all the delectables. One of my favorite things is broccoli casserole. My grandmother who turns 90 Thursday called my mom and said something isn't right about her casserole. She either overcooked it or did not add enough broccoli. They had me look at it when I got there and I  noticed that it just did not look like the usual broccoli casserole but thought she maybe just overcooked it a little. Well, when I went to spoon it, I looked down and thought that looks a lot like okra. Indeed I was right. My grandmother can not see that well anymore and pulled the okra out of the freezer and not the broccoli. We all had a good laugh and surprisingly enough it did not taste bad for those of us that like okra but it was not a temptation for me to eat double portions. I do like okra but much prefer it fried than in a casserole. Oh well there is a first time for everything.

My question now, how many of you want the broccoli recipe or the okra recipe?


Tags: ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

broccoli one, LOL!! what a cute story and one that will be repeated from year to year I bet :)

betty