Saturday, March 8, 2008

Healthier Decision

The last few days I have been really wanting some Golden Corral. I knew that was not an option because I will overeat and mean way overeat. So I thought about what I was really wanting from that buffet. Surprisingly enough it was mostly vegetables. But if I went there I would be tempted by all the other great foods when I saw them. Steak, meatloaf, chicken, I could keep going.

Problem solved. I came home tonight armed from the grocery store. I made me some country green beans with a little seasoning, boiled cabbage with a little seasoning and mashed potatoes. I accompanied this with some sliced ham that I found to be way too salty but enjoyed anyhow. All in all the only thing I was missing was a yeast roll and I have to admit that I did not miss it after all.

Outcome: I only went over my daily points by 2.5. One of those because I had more mashed taters and the other 1.5 was a peppermint patty. Overall, much better than going to the buffet and being out of my daily and weekly points too and I am satisfied.


Tags: ,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

very wise thinking!! I like how you handled your "craving" and over by 2.5 points is not that bad at at all

WTG

betty

Anonymous said...

The thing I miss from a buffet is eating eating eating.   Buffets are not my friend!   You're doing very good....and you have those flex points, you know!
~Meg

Anonymous said...

you've been tagged!

I am praying!!  I will call this week.

Love ya!!