Saturday, March 15, 2008

Anticipation......

Anticipation, Anticipation ( sorry I don't know the rest of the song)

My weigh in date was off a day because I had to take a sleep test Thursday night and missed my meeting. When they weighed me at the sleep test I was so excited but kept telling myself that their scales could be off. So I went to Friday's meeting , well I have already given it away with the red font so I guess I should just spill it huh. I lost another 2.6 pounds. YAYYYY! That is a total of 26.6 , so I broke my 25 pound mark this week.

I am trying to prepare myself for next week because I was weighing in 7 hours earlier in the day but my weight was only off by .4 compared to the sleep clinic and that was a few hours later than my usual weigh- in time. So another words I had eaten dinner for that weigh-in and normally I haven't.

On to my next subject. Tonight when I stopped by the grocery store I was met by a big display of cake mix and icing. I gave in. I came straight home and cooked the vanilla cake with chocolate icing but I did not bake one big cake. I made three small ramekins and one loaf pan. I then icinged all the cakes and have packed up all the small ones and will give them to family members at church tomorrow. I kept the loaf pan and between the various in-house family members and my sister stopping by that cake is almost gone. I had three bites of a piece and a few licks of icing and my taste for it is gone. It was delicious but I am satisfied. The best thing is my temptation is gone too now and I get to bless some people. What an idea!

NOTE: My dad is perking up a little. He has not had many sweets since January. In the last four days he has asked for rice pudding twice, tapioca pudding twice , large Frosty and some of my cake. This man before his heart and lung problems and his recent fall has had no desire for sweets and has lost 30 pounds since January without trying. I on the other hand, eat very little sweets ever and have worked my butt off since January to lose 26.6 pounds.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WTG on the weight loss!! doing awesome!!! that's a nice weight loss in just 2 months!! awesome!!

I think its great how you managed to take care of a craving and not let it ruin your dieting; that's a great step to a healthier lifestyle of eating

betty