Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Skip Week

I think this may be a skip week for weighing in this week. I have not been as horrible as I could have been and have been in the past. Today was my brother's birthday and I cooked a good dinner for 14. I made my chicken curry, meatballs with gravy, macaroni salad ( his favorite and I confess my mom made that) , rice, green beans, corn and rolls. None of the food was terrible health wise but a combination of everything threw me way over points. I confess I did go in for seconds of the chicken curry and had my share of a meatball or two or four or six, ummmh I will stop there, I can not tell all my secrets. I topped all that off with a slice of Carvel ice cream cake too.

Do I feel bad? No, it was a rare and special day. Unfortunately almost all the members in my family have birthdays the next three months and spread out so we celebrate them all separately, including my own. So I will be diligent between those special days and be lenient on the celebration day. Did I also mention Easter and my brother's wedding all come in this time too? Oh my, oh my. Maybe I will skip weighing in until June. Oh no I have come too far for that.

Another reason I am dreading weigh-in this week is I have not worked out diligently this week. I usually have 18-23 activity points going into Wednesday and I only have 11 and only one day left. I pulled my shoulder Thursday and it has slowed my down. I have tried to work-out without using my arms but unfortunately I irritated my right arch and it hurts to walk too. Oh I am falling apart. Tomorrow it is my mission to hit the Y and hit the elliptical one handed. I must not let these setbacks mess me up and I hope I do not go back behind my 25 pound mark from last week.

Oh well, will let you know good or bad on Thursday. Toodles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dinner sounded delicious; I like your approach to be lenient on celebration days and on plan the other days; that's workable and doable

hope your shoulder feels better soon

betty