Thursday, January 31, 2008

SURPRISE ! SURPRISE!

YESSS! I had to use red again , Why you may ask?

BECAUSE..... I LOST  8.6 POUNDS LAST WEEK!

Now you can not be as surprised as I was. I even made her weigh me twice because I thought I left a foot off the scale. I went in this week thinking of skipping weigh in because of hormonal fluctuations and water weight gain , if  you know what I mean. I just knew it would be a weight gain week. WOW! I am still shocked.

That brings me to 12.2 pounds lost in two weeks. That is only three pounds less than the total I lost during the Biggest Loser 15 week challenge last year at the Y. Of course , since then we have found out that I had a mass growing and some off base hormones which would have affected weight loss. Well the mass is gone and the other problem is being fixed, so yay!

It has not been that hard, really. I have to say the hard part is mindless eating at night. That has ceased but I have stocked up on spinach and eat steamed or spinach salad if I want to munch.

It is hard when I go to the grocery store and pass by my favorite cream filled cupcakes because they are delicious but not worth the points. It is harder when my nephew is with me and walks over to the cupcakes and says, " Becky they have your favorite cupcakes, I will get them for you." I have to tell him no and he does not understand why I can not have them. His young mind does not see me as being fat he sees me for who I truly am from the inside. If only adults could keep that mentality.

On with life, pray for me as I continue down this journey.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THAT IS WONDERFUL!!!!!!

YOU ARE DOING GREAT!!!!!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!! I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!!!

LOVE YA, JEN