Sunday, January 27, 2008

Celebration Day

Celebrations, its ok to celebrate just dont over indulge. Just practice self-control and remember to save those splurges for special occassions ( birthday, weddings , showers, engagement parties,  etc... no, getting out of the bed on the first alarm ring is not reason to splurge but yeah you can celebrate) Ever wonder in America why everything we celebrate we reward ourselves with a party and food. Why not celebrate and buy a new outfit or shoes? Everything is food, food, food. No wonder we are obese.

I had a celebration today. I went to my brother's fiance's church today way out in the boonies. It was the day they were announcing their engagament to her church and having a small reception afterwards. The reception was just ham biscuits, cake and punch. If you are from Virginia though you know that a ham biscuit is not the traditional fat laden breakfast biscuit. A ham biscuit here is ham on a small dinner or yeast roll. So they were not that bad. I did have a piece of cake ( well it was a celebration) but did not know until I got home that piece of cake was 12 points. Yes, 12 points. As much as I love cake with icing, I have to say it was not worth my 12 points.

After the reception we went to her house where she had also prepared lunch, oh my. The rotissiere chicken was not bad but all she had was mayonnaise laden potato salad and broccoli salad. Needless to say by the time I made it home all of my daily points were used plus some. Thank goodness for the weekly bonus points. What I learned. Splurging so early in the day left me very hungry later in the day and no points left to have a decent meal.

I did pull out my George Foreman Walk It Off DVD and exercise for 30 minutes. I much prefer Walk Away the Pounds with Leslie Sansone but I could not find her DVD only her videos and my vcr is broke. The point is I did do something to burn off some of those calories. I am proud. I had a very light dinner too. I steamed spinach and ate a one point snack cake. Go me!

Another proud point today. I came home and prepared tomorrow night's dinner. Now I do not have to worry about where I need to get take out from to stay in my points.I made enough for two nights too. I can come home now after visiting my dad, eat my dinner and then go to the Y. Way to plan ahead. Go me again!

One more thing. I am feeling those stomach muscles that were cut for my surgery as I begin to become more active. Wow, it doesn't hurt but I know they are there now. I don't think carrying my 43 pound nephew today helped either. I can not wait to get back to normal.

Hope you enjoyed me venting and progress report.
Tags: ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO, YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so proud of you.  You are doing great and with your dad going through all the stuff he is going through.  You are dealing with your stress positively!!!  I am so cheering you on!!