Saturday, January 5, 2008

Much Anticipated......

MUCH ANTICIPATED NEW YORK PICTURES!

Bad Picture of the Rockefeller Tree. I forgot my good digital camera at home and had to buy a disposable camera in New York. I hope to get some from my cousin's digital camera that are better.

A few of the window displays at Sax Fifth Avenue.

Little Italy. Sorry about the finger in the picture. I am a beginner picture taker. What was so neat about New York is that they still have the local grocer, the local meat market and etc. You still walk everywhere and buy your goods from the family owned businesses. They don't have a Wal-Mart and don't want one. You buy only the groceries you can carry comfortably to your apartment. Most true Manhattaners do not own vehicles. It can cost up to 2 grand a month to park a car there. They just rent cars when they want to travel. Other than that they rely on the famous New York cabs and subway. We did take the Subway to Macy's. It was quite an experience. I had a pervert looking at me the whole way , licking his lips at me. I tried not to look at him but he was sitting right next to my mom and she kept talking to me.

My mom gave us all the best laugh of the trip. We decided to go to Macy's but were also hungry. Half of us were talking about transportation to Macy's and the other half were talking about food. My aunt's friend blurts out, "the subway is only two dollars." My mom responds, " I don't want to eat at Subway. I can eat there at home for $2.49." My cousins and I were laughing and snorting. She was thinking eating at Subway and we were talking about taking the subway to Macy's. By the way we went to Macy's and mom and I went to get New York Pizza afterwards. It was delicious.

Chinatown. This is where you haggle for bargains. I don't like to haggle just give me a fair price and I will pay it. I bought one postcard. Those vendors did try to sell me some cheap pocketbooks. I am not a name-brand person so personally I did not know what a Gucci looked like to begin with.

WTC site. I am speechless.

The American Express Tear Memorial. I posted about this a few posts ago.

The Toys R Us Ferris wheel. My cousin and I are on the Cabbage Patch car. Yes we fit that car. The two chubbies with the chubby cabbage patch car.

The M & Ms store at Times Square. Yes that is a gigantic M & M showing on the gigantic television screen.

 

 

No comments: