Saturday, January 12, 2008

I changed my mind

I changed my mind. I am going to post about what I was proud of myself about. Last night I went to see The Bucket List ( great movie but a real tear jerker) at the local theater. My childhood best friend from my pool was in town so we went together.

When were younger she was on Jenny Craig and was always the one eating healthy while I got whatever I wanted. Last night was the opposite. She convinced me to get a large popcorn like her even though I was only getting the medium. I know, I know I should have been getting the small. Her winning argument was , it is only 75 cents more for the large. She also bought a large soda, 44 ounce. I am glad she was in front of me because I looked at her 44 ounce soda and was astonished at how much soda that was. Diet or regular soda that's a lot of carbonated soda. I just stared at it for a few moments thinking , "WOW". I decided on the medium soda and did not finish all of that by the end of the movie. Way to go me.

Why is this so exciting for me? Because at one time I could have drank a Super Big Gulp Pepsi without giving it a second thought. Now, no way no how. Furthermore I did not come anywhere close to finishing the popcorn either. Go me again. There was a time I could have eaten all of the large popcorn and the entire large soda. Now, no way no how.

I am so proud of myself but too bad I fell today with the nachos.


Tags: , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're all right here with you....some days are harder than other days, but we only have to make it one day at a time.     On the rare occasion that I go to the movies, I take a bottle of water in my purse.    
Hang in there....you can do this.
~Meg