Sunday, February 10, 2008

Today was a tough one

Today I struggled to stay in my points. I started off real good before going to church but lunch blew it. Well not blew it but it took a lot of points. We went to a local mom and pop steakhouse. I always get the greek hamburger steak and today was no exception. I ate my very small side salad with my dressing on the side. I did order fries ( you know these places have the best fries ) but I gave half of them away to my nephew as soon as the meal arrived. I also had one small piece of bread with butter. Unfortunately the munchies and feeling of unsatisfaction hit me about an hour and a half later. I ate a few one point items and decided to clean my car to get my mind off of food. As I began to think about my lunch meal, it dawned on me I had used alot of points on things that were not filling. For the past three weeks I have tried to make vegetables my main source at lunch and they are very filling. Today the vegetables were the small side instead of the main course, no wonder I was hungry so early.

How did I combat this at dinner? I made a delicious pot of one point vegetable soup and a grilled cheese sandwich. Total dinner points was 5. YAY!

PROUD MOMENTS:

Making myself do something productive when I was wanting to munch.

Not blowing it the rest of the day when I knew I was low on points and being pro-active and making something filling and satisfying too without going over my daily points.

Making enough of the soup to have some for lunch tomorrow and freeze for another meal.

No comments: