Monday, February 18, 2008

I will be good, I will be good

Today was a tough day with eating. I really wanted a chicken biscuit for breakfast. On my way home from picking my nephew up, I went and bought some biscuits. I had what I thought was one third of a chicken biscuit and one half of a smoked sausage biscuit. When I keyed in my points, wowie bozowee. I was down 13 points already and it was only 9 AM. I went into the kitchen to get some water and realized that I did not have a third of a chicken biscuit but half of one and went to redo my points. Oh boy I knew I was in trouble for the day.

All day long, I was hungry. I knew not eating a wholesome breakfast would mess me up for the day. I had to go to Sam's Club and smelled the pizza, but did not give in. I had to go to BJ's Wholesale and love their Hebrew National hot dogs at the concession stand but did not give in. I also really wanted a Pepsi today but did not give in. I went to Panera with my mom while she picked up a few bagels. There at the cashier was a big double chocolate chip cookie that was saying, BECKY , BECKY, YOU REALLY WANT ME. I walked away again and did not give in. Later, I wanted chips. It was never ending.

I allowed myself to go off track for breakfast and see what my body wanted to do all day long. It wanted more and more bad stuff.

Proud points:

 Choosing a Diet Pepsi instead of Pepsi.

Choosing a healthy Subway sandwich over pizza and hot dogs.

Not allowing going off track in the morning to affect my whole day. Yes, I wanted the things at the time but I was determined to be good. Now that the day has ended I realize I did not want any of those things it was my mind playing tricks on me.

So tomorrow, I will eat my usual healthy breakfast and stay on track and be good all day tomorrow.

 I am not raking myself over the coals for going off track because it is going to happen but I do not have to let it control my day. I will be good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, don't beat yourself up too bad; just learn from it and make tomorrow a better day; I know if I eat too many carbs for breakfast I'm doomed for the rest of the day; that's all I want. I usually eat a protein bar for breakfast and that will cover me until lunch without feeling too ravishness

you are doing good; you didn't give it to all the temptations around you today; that's good!

betty

Anonymous said...

You didn't really "go offtrack."   Keep in mind that you have your extra flex points, and it doesn't hurt to use them, REALLY.  You did, in the process, remind yourself of two valuable things:  Start off with "bad" eating, you'll want junk all day, and YOU CAN DO THIS!   Yay for you!!   You did good, Girlie.
~Meg