Saturday, April 21, 2007

Why is everything thats so good so bad....

Everything that tastes so good is sooo bad. Why is the that? I blame the devil. He takes everything that is good and turns it to evil. God created the food for nourishment and enjoyment but the devil tells us to eat more and more knowing that gluttony is a sin . We knowingly eat more than we need and gain weight. That is not how God intended it to be. This is just another means of how the devil tries everything he can to mess up our body which is the temple God created. 

My breakfast and lunch yesterday were good but for dinner I couldn't decide what I wanted. While deciding I was visiting my wonderful nephew when my brother in law came back with  KK doughnuts, I am sure everyone around here knows what KK is, you know the doughnut place with the hot doughnuts now sign. Well who can resist a hot KK? Not me. I indulged in one hot one, not bad right. Well I have a broken tooth and the sugar was going straight to that nerve, what a great hint to stop.  I then decided to eat at my sister's house , left over BBQ and corn dog nuggets. Well I baked the nuggets which was better than frying. But oh I love corn dogs and something about those little morsels that makes you think you are eating less. Needless to say I had quite a few and a few not meaning two.  Of course all of this was accompanied with potato chips which I allow myself with a meal and no other time. All of this salt triggered a thirst and a thirst not for water but the heavenly created Pepsi. Upon leaving, the devil made me drive to the 7-11 for a wonderful indulgent Pepsi from the fountain, oh they are so wonderful. 

What did I learn? Trigger foods. You see , none of that food is bad in moderation.  The doughnut triggered me eating another half one. One corn dog triggered another corn dog. Chips triggered soda. Oh how the devil was working on me. God created it for nourishment and enjoyment but I let the devil influence me into gluttony.  Lesson learned, I hope.

Lord, help me on this journey and be my strength, Amen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: