Saturday, April 14, 2007

More Customer Service

Well I think that this blog may be more about my customers than my life or weight loss. I have this one customer who enjoys bugging me to death. A few weeks ago she called wanting me to personalize something and she would come pick it up that day which was a Saturday. She asked what time we close that day which is 6 PM. At 5:55 PM she has not stopped by  to get it and called at 5:59 PM and says she forgot an was on her way. So I had to wait on her until 6:15 PM to arrive. She never apologizes nor does she thank me , she expects it. Well I bite my lip like I do every other time she walks in 5 minutes before we close knowing good and well what time we close. This woman goes out of her way to get on my nerves every time she is there. When she talks it is like fingers on a blackboard

Today.... She calls at  noon looking for a particular book and asks me to hold it for her. She also asks what time we close even though she knows what time we close. Once again at 5:55 she comes waltzing in the store talking on her cell phone like she has all the time in the world. She browses at a few things and slowly comes to the counter for book. Now it is after 6PM which is  closing time. She reads the table of contents and then browses at a few items at the counter and I have now rung her up and am giving her a total when she asks for another item and I tell her exactly where it is and it was right in her sight . She says I can't find it and let me say if it were a snake it would have bit her. I have to walk around the counter and get it for her. Uggh! She then asks for it to be personalized and I inform her I can do it but not tonight because we are closed and we did not have time. She said ok, which surprised me. Then she continues to browse. I really am trying to be polite but my politeness is wearing out. She pays for her items and leaves the store at 6:08 PM  but wait she takes two steps out and comes back for a bookmark. She is looking at the bookmarks and is humming and  hawwing and I decide to count the register and close out. She says, ohmy your counting the register and continues to browse. She didn't take the hint. Then I close my AOL screen and for those of you that have AOL you know it says "GOODBYE" quite loudly. She hears it and continues to browse. My employee who also is my cousin is about to bust out laughing. He then asks her if she has found a bookmark and she says, no not yet. I then walk over to our cd player and turn it off and she says, wow she even turned the music off but continues to browse. Another hint not taken. I then walk to the back and am really contemplating turning the lights out because the devil was telling me to do it. I hear my cousin give her a total and was patient. The total was $2.09, now I am staying 10-15 minutes overtime and paying someone to  stay there after hours for a $2 sale. She then says I only have $2.04 I have to go to my car. I then flip the light and walk up front and she walks back in and says , wow she turned the lights out. Hello we closed at 6 not 6:15. She gives him the nickel and stops and says, well how is your mother. I said fine very sternly and informed her that we have to leave to go to a birthday party. She still does not take the hint, stops and inquires whose birthday it is and what we were doing. I would have said, oh my let me hurry but no not her.  What do you have to do to get through to this woman? She finally leaves at 6:18. My cousin says, well I could have told her not to worry about the nickel, I said oh no she has made me stay this late I am getting every nickel I can from her. I hate to be like this but this woman does this all the time. I think I need to stop being polite since she makes a habit of this but I try to show God's love.

 Just for the note, I got into my car at 6:22. AHHHHHH! My cousin and I laughed alot on the drive home about the AOL goodbye, he said that was loud, I said I know I turned the volume up. Maybe God is trying to teach me patience. Wow I didn't pray for it.

 

No comments: