Thursday, April 12, 2007

My Life

 

Well I am beginning this new blog thing. I am going to journal my weight loss journeyand the stories of my life. I weigh far more than I look and can not fathom that I weigh this much. How did it happen you may ask, well emotional eating and I am a food addict. I am single and 34 and have had several relationships that were not Mr. Right and instead of dealing with things head on , I ate my way through the situations. I started the Biggest Loser Challenge at our local Y and so far in about 6 weeks have lost 10 pounds. It is only a 12 week challenge and I am determined to continue my journey even after the challenge. I do not have a goal because this is going to be a lifestyle change. I do not want to live my whole life with the thought that if I eat something bad I am doomed or that everyone who sees me eating a certain thing thinks, she shouldnt be eating that, look at her. You know you think that because I am guilty of it too.

Todays problem,  Have you ever baked brownies and cook them too long but not burn them, you know what i mean they are hard as a rock but you eat them anyway, what makes you do that? I know . You eat them because you know they would taste good if they were baked right. That is addiction. I am trying now to break that cycle. Lord, please help me through this journey.

I also find it easier not to tell many people about my weigh loss journey that will discourage you or be jealous. I have a person close to me who always makes comments like is that on your diet or I dont see you workout. Well you are not with me 24 hours a day are you and dont watch and nickpick everything I eat when you weigh just as much and need to diet yourself. If you cant be an encouragement then dont speak. Lastly, dont try to bring me down because it makes you feel better about yourself or lack of discipline.

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sisterchick!!

I hear and understand your frustration!! That is why I don't talk about this journey with many people just a select few!  

I am excited about hearing more from you!  You are a blessing to my life and I love you like a sista!!!!  LOL  Keep the Faith!!!

You will hear more from me~Jen