Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday the 13th

Friday the 13th, how superstitious. That's what I think every time until things start happening. I have stated I work in a Christian bookstore and believe me we get some lulu people. One man calls and inquires about release dates for some very popular Southern Gospel groups. I am very polite and agree to look things up for him and he keeps repeating the names , the music group and what he wants me to do. I told him at least four to five times that I will look it up and call him back but he kept going, it took me at least 5 minutes to get him off the phone from repeating the same thing over and over and over again. I find the information out and call him back because that is what a good customer service manager does and he doesn't answer the phone. Later he calls back and repeats everything back to me and tells me I never called him back, whatever! I explain to him what I know and then he continues on to another particular group and I couldn't answer his question so then he tells me he will call Bill's office. ( Bill as in yes the famous Bill G but I wont use full names)But he wanted to know my name so he could call me back, I was so tempted to say I was Beulah (madeup name)  and not Becky but I know that was a lie and unethical but oh I was so tempted.  He then proceeds to call me back to tell me there is nothing new coming out on him and gives me release dates for some off the wall groups. He then tells me that he has connections and is good friends with all these Southern Gospel groups and that one famous one is his godfather and that he ( customer) legally changed his name to this famous persons first name. First off, how do you say, I DON'T CARE! In customer service you cant but you can think it and I was. I was also thinking if you know all these people and have such connections then why are you calling me asking me the release dates and ordering the product, seems to me they would tell you and send you the cds. He kept going on and on and finally I was doing the uh-huh thing when I do when I am really not listening to you until he told me that anytime I hear a Southern Gospel rumor to call him andhe will call his connections to find out the truth. Then I was thinking well how many Southern Gospel rumors do I hear in a day more or less a year and if I did hear anything there is this thing called the Internet and I can research it myself....Next call was another lulu looking for something that he describes to me, well first off it is nothing a Christian bookstore or church supply store would carry and I don't know where to get it from and I explain this to him and he keeps going on and on and on and measuring it and giving me the dimensions,which were 17 ft by 24 ft and it fits on his bedroom door, Wow where does he live that his bedroom door is that big, I ask if he means inches and he says no feet.  I am just clue less, I give him a suggestion of a sign shop and the name of one. He then asks me to spell it, I said, S  I G, he said, T , I said no G as in Goofy and I am thinking , goofy like you. Then he asks if I know their number. Hello  do I look  like the walking yellow pages?  Then it dawns on my it is Friday the 13th and then I was wondering about a full moon. No full moon just superstitiously the 13th and a Friday.

To end this, after some days, I do wonder if I am the lulu and everyone else is normal, could that be?

No comments: