Friday, August 10, 2007

I did it!

Today I was starving after work and was going back and forth on what I was doing for dinner and whether I was going to the Y to workout. I was in the mood for a gumbo mixture that I make but knew I could not go to the grocery store, cook it and go to the Y before closing time.

So what did I do ? I went to the store , bought my ingredients and went home to cook. I started the meal and while it was simmering I went for a two mile walk. The temperature here had dropped and it was a fairly pretty evening. So when I returned from my lovely walk famished I had a delicious meal waiting for me.

In my proud words I say.... I DID IT!

DISCLAIMER: I do not recommend leaving the house with something simmering but I was lucky enough to have someone at home to make sure I did not burn the house down.

NOTE: Have you seen the advertisements for the Healthy Choice Cafe Steamer dinners. I bought one today to try and was quite impressed for Healthy Choice. Granted I have not had Healthy Choice in years because I found it blah but this was quite tasty. I had the Chicken Margherita, ummh!

http://www.healthychoice.com/products/meals/cafe_steamers.jsp

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU GO MY SISTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so proud of you!!  You made a great choice and that takes a lot of courage and discipline!!


You are going to make it my friend.  Love ya Jen