Thursday, August 23, 2007

Got it right this time.

Well today was a day off but it was not too restful but extremely hectic. I did have the pleasure to sleep until 10 AM. I finally got motivated and decided to mow the grass, not only because it needed it but also for exercise. Why go the Y when it is so nice outside, right? I mowed the front and back yard and finished at 1:09 PM. I walked in the house and was told that I needed to go meet my grandparents at a doctor's office to take them home from an appointment and I needed to be there by 1:45 PM. Did you catch that I just finished at 1:09 and you know I was hot, smelly, sweaty and covered with grass? Did I mention that their doctor's office was halfway across this long city I live within? Did I also mention I am known for long, long showers? The race was on. I showered put clothes on and at least put on some foundation and mascara . I jumped in the car and let the open window blow my hair dry and  put a headband in when I got there. Well I was only five minutes late, can you believe it? I was proud but my aunt was fuming. Oh well, she makes us mad about alot of things so one time of making her mad will not hurt.

My grandmother had mentioned something about raisin bread from Costco and in another breath she was bragging on my meatballs and rice from last week. Now I know you remember that fiasco with the bisquick. Uh-huh, I thought so. So I detoured and ran into Costco and bought raisin bread, meatballs and chicken salad. I also bought them two of those great hot dogs Costco sells along with a Churro. Uhh- yeah I bought myself one too. Baby steps now, I have now officially curbed the Pepsi and carbonated drinks addiction. I can't make all my lifestyle changes in one month. Ohh , now back to the subject. I took them to their house and made more meatballs , gravy and rice for them to freeze. But this time I did not mess anything up.... WOW , can you believe it. I got it right this time.

Well let me tell you what I did not get to do today. My sister said it was too cloudy for Water Country. It was warm but not sunny, hmmh isn't that a good day to go and not get burnt. I was supposed to deposit my paycheck, that did not happen either. I hope that no surprises go through my checking account because $4.45 will not cover but so much. My backup plan in case Water Country was to go get a manicure and pedicure but that did not happen either. My toes and nails are screaming at me , believe me.

Let me tell you what did happen. I was able to be there when my grandparents needed me. I was able to spend some time with them even if they can not hear what I say because of their hearing. They knew I was there for them. They have asked for very little help and are 89 and 93. I wont regret helping them especially knowing the uncertainty of the future at their ages and health. I know who holds the future and I know who made all my plans fall through so I could be there for my grandparents. God knew no amount of time at Water Country , the luxury of the manicure and pedicure or the amount of money not in the bank could make up for the time with my grandparents.

I got it right today in more than one way  thanks to God Almighty. Thank you God.

Funny FYI:

My grandmother insisted on paying me back for the groceries I bought today. I know enough not to argue with her. I have learned to make up arbitrary amounts. I told her $10. I thinks she really believes I bought Costco sized meatballs ($11.99), Costco sized chicken salad ($8.83), Raisin bread ($3.99), two hotdogs(1.50 x2), churro ($1),  gravy and fixins for the meatballs ($2). I chuckle because of her really thinking she got all that for $10. Granted it is alot of meals for them but I am thankful I can do things like that and today thankful for my credit card, remember I only had $4.45 in the bank. SHHHH! All of this is our secret.

 

 

 

No comments: