Wednesday, June 20, 2007

How far is too far!!!!

Working in retail you are taught to go above and beyond to help your customer but how far is too far. Today a customer came in looking for a mat that kids can play on that has a tic-tac-toe board. Well my business is a Christian bookstore, we have plenty of Christian teaching aids but not everyday educational and play things. I was nice and told her about an educational store within a few miles. She complained that it was too far to drive and not know if they had it. I voluntarily went and found her the number and an ad with a coupon attached. She then asked me to call them. I thought , hmmh, ok, I don't need it and I was just nice enough to find the information for you and now you want me to call about something I have nothing to do with . I thought quick and said well you know what I will dial the number for you on our phone and then you can talk to them since it is what you need. She said, that's fair. FAIR!!! I was just being nice it was not a job requirement. Well the store was out of what she wanted. She told me and I thought , hmmh can you take a sheet and spray paint it. Can you guess what she asked me next.... oh come on , you know.......

CAN YOU DO THAT FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So,is that too far? Do something that has absolutely nothing to do  with me or my business. I thought finding the number and letting her use the phone was great customer service. I could have just told her we didn't carry such a thing and go on about my business and not offer the other store or suggestions.  Now if it were someone who I thought was not capable of  doing such a thing I would have considered it as a ministry but she was in great condition to do it but just didn't want to.

 Is America getting that lazy that they can do nothing for themselves now? 

America wake up and stop expecting something for nothing .

 


Tags: ,

No comments: