Thursday, June 14, 2007

Back to Getting FIt

Well I have had some encouragement from several people to get back on track with working out and eating right. I worked out Monday and Tuesday night and was thinking of resting on Wednesday night because my back was stiff and achy from doing the simple act of bending over in a weird way, I can't explain it. I was picking up a piece of fabric off the floor and I heard a minor snap and now my back hurts.... Anyway, I was resting Wednesday night and was watching TLC when the show came on about the 627 pound woman that was having gastric bypass surgery. Let me just say it didn't take but a few minutes for me to get up , get dressed and go to the Y. I did a minor workout and did the FitLinx. I was proud of myself for going and my back actually felt better after the elliptical, I know that is shocking.

Watching that program really made me think about how anyone can allow that to happen and determined for it not to happen to me. I am not downing the woman because I know people turn to food for comfort but I look at her as motivation and hope I can be an inspiration to others and remind myself that my body is God's Temple.

 

****Note to readers who don't know me, I am no where close to 627 and hope through prayer, support, determination and the Grace of God I never will be.

 


Tags: , ,

No comments: