Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I'm tired, I'm weary....

I am so tired, I am so weary. The bad things just keep happening. We started the 30 day count down on the 14th until we leave for my brother's wedding in Illinois by airplane. My brother is 45 and she is 42, neither have ever been married. They both live in VA but Illinois is her hometown so that is where it is taking place.  My dad had been progressing wonderfully. He was maneuvering around the house and doing great. This was the first month, so far ,since October that he nor I (him mostly though)  had been in the hospital for any reason.

Until this evening, I had just sat in my recliner and had my blanket all snuggled up watching the news when I heard a strange sliding and crashing sound. I jumped up to find him on the kitchen floor. He had slipped and tried to catch himself on the refrigerator. He could not move his leg. I could not pick him up. He was taken by ambulance to the ER to find out he has broken his hip and will need surgery tomorrow. This is four weeks before the much anticipated wedding. We are all so distraught. We are the only family and friends making the journey for my brother. It is just heart-breaking to think that my dad is not going to be able to go and perhaps my mom. At this point, I don't know what the options are. Please uplift my dad in prayer for safe surgery, speedy healing and recovery and lift my family in prayer as we progress down this journey with him.

Also continue to pray for my friends, Mike and Jennifer from a previous post on the car accident. They will have some tough day ahead too.


Tags: ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear this! I do hope his surgery/recovery goes as smoothly and quickly as it can

betty