Sunday, April 6, 2008

BAD BAD WEEKEND!

Yes a bad, bad eating weekend.

Yesterday we went toChick-Fil-A for breakfast before our hour drive to my future sister-in-law's shower. I did get the chicken bagel and removed the egg and chose fruit over hash browns. Great choices but that is where it ended.

The shower was full of homemade goodness. Someone made these delectably delicious pastries and I had two. I tried to fill my plate with fruit but then I saw the mini quiche and the brunch casserole. My intentions were gone with the wind. On the way home we went by her house to see her wedding dress. Oh my it is beautiful. Unfortunately I was hungry on the way home ( it had been several hours after all). I nibbled on the leftovers from what we had brought to the shower.

After arriving home, I ate one piece of pizza. Ummmh, Uno's deep crust with a minimum of 20 points a slice. Bad choice. Later I did eat a low points dinner.

Today we were celebrating my dad's 70th birthday at Olive Garden. It is really Wednesday but it was easier on everyone to go today. I did not do that bad but I did have two bowls of the soup, I chose that over the salad today. I was so full after the soup and breadsticks that I took my meal home. But the soup and breadsticks and the alfredo dipping sauce for them I definitely over indulged. Plus we had cake too. Since it was also my birthday cake , I was not going to pass up a piece. Oh no, I could not do that.

This is also my birthday week ( I am celebrating my 21st birthday for the 15th time) so I know Tuesday will be off whack. Also next Sunday is my grandfather's 94th birthday lunch and another shower for my brother and future sister in law. The 19th is yet another shower and thank goodness there are no more celebrations until we leave May 14th for the wedding. Despite my good intentions when I see all that good food I become an addict. One bite is not enough. I want more and more.

I knew these celebrations were coming and I tried to brace myself. Right now I feel miserable but I also look back and know I ate way less than I would have just four months ago. Praise the Lord!

Please pray for me to have strength this week and to make the right choices as I enter into temptation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

when I was going through a weight loss clinic to lose weight, they advised after we finished the weight loss program, for maintenance, in situations like this to eat a little before you actually go to the event so you aren't so tempted to overeat there; usually something with protein which helps you to stay fuller feeling longer. That might help you get through some of your tempting times. Also, drinking several glasses of water helps too.

proud of you though for trying to make a concentrated effort to make good food choices!

betty