Saturday, September 22, 2007

What are people thinking?

Do you ever wonder what people are thinking when they ask or say different things?

Today I was back in my so-called office doing some work when a customer came in that I really did not care for before today and believe me after today she did not make it any easier for me to like her. She came in and asked my employee which was my cousin, a young male, where the heavy girl was today. I was in the back listening to everything and all I heard was "heavy girl". Is that all people see?

Do they not see that I am also tall. I have brown hair. I am nice. I am young. I have brown eyes. I try to dress nice. I have pretty skin. No , they only see that I am heavy. Why are people so shallow? Do I have to tell you that this lady is extremely heavy herself?

I told my cousin the next time to please defend me and say that the tall, brunette is in her office. I think she would get the hint but then again she probably wouldn't.

Do people not realize that people with weight issues struggle everyday? Some of us really do try not to be heavy. Statements like that just send us back to the cookie jar to drown in our sorrows. It's a cycle.

Don't judge people on their weight. Find something else about them to describe them that would be an encouragement. Look at their eyes, height, hair color and beyond.

Sincerely,

Me (fresh from the cookie jar)

 


Tags: , ,

No comments: