Sunday, December 2, 2007

A Quick Giggle

I always comment on customers that are rude or drive me crazy. ( Ex: The southern gospel music fanatic that calls me three to four times a week.) I will do the opposite today.

Yesterday I had the privilege of two old bitty sisters coming in to buy Bibles for their great grandchildren. I would guess that the one that drove was in her early 80's and the other one was in the late 80's.They both have canes.  I will refer to them as Mrs. A and Mrs. B. Well, Mrs A comes in and is doing the talking and she talks like she is mean but really she is sweet. Mrs. B is the quiet one, she just lets Mrs. A do all the talking. Now I could not tell you what transpired between these two sisters as I was waiting on them but quiet old Mrs. B looked at Mrs. A and said very loudly. " Annie, Why don't you just shut up? I get so tired of you." I took a double take and was like wow . I guess after all these years Mrs. B is tired of Mrs. A doing all the talking and at her age hurting feelings doesn't matter anymore.

 I never know what I will encounter in a Christian bookstore. I went to emboss the Bibles in the back but before I walked away I asked them to please not kill each other while they wait . I could see it now.... Elderly sisters kill each other in Christian Bookstore..... Hmmh, I don't think that would be the publicity we needed to increase business.

At least it made for a good laugh. I did ask them to keep their canes on the ground and not to use them as weapons when they get home. They both smiled at me so it makes me wonder if they have not already had a few cane fights.

Dear Lord,

Thank you for the good laugh. I pray that you will be their protector as they finish their journey through life.

Amen!


Tags: ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Becky,
I know you are going through a hard time right now.  I just wanted to let you know that I love you and I am praying for you.  I know that you are scared and that everything is so up in the air but God is there and He knows you better than you know you.  Let Him know what you are feeling, He can take it.  I love you, Sis!!!!  Jennifer