Friday, December 28, 2007

Butterfly Dreams

Butterfly Dreams.... I love butterflies. They are beautiful and have a great meaning, new life in Christ. I have a lot of clothing that has butterflies on them.

Why do I write about this? During my recent medical scare , I had a lot of friends and family praying for me. One precious woman in my church approached me at church Sunday to tell me about her dream on the night of my surgery. She told me her heart was heavy all day. She has known me all my life and was really concerned because the doctor was very clear on what my outcome could be. She said right before she awoke the night of my surgery that the most beautiful butterfly appeared in her dream. The butterfly flew right up to her and stopped for a moment on her arm and flew away. She awoke at that moment and knew God was telling her that I was going to be ok. Later that day she received the phone call that I was ok and that I was recovering at home.

I started to cry when she told me this story because this dear lady did not know that I love butterflies. Isn't it awesome how God works?

This dream is the encouragement and reminder that I need that God is in control and he has something beautiful planned for my life.

Thank you Lord for being by my side through all the turmoil and reminding me that through your son I have been given a new life in Christ. Thank you Lord for friends and the power of prayer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I put a lot of stock into dreams....I think God still communicates that way.
~Meg