Saturday, December 15, 2007

EXCITEMENT

I am so excited. My doctor approved for me to go to New York for the trip I have been planning and paying for since March. My surgery went great and only laparoscopic and not an incision was needed. Praise God! I am so stoked right now to finally see New York at Christmas. I am watching Ace of Cakes on the Food network and they are making a special cake for the Radio City Spectacular which I am going to see while I am there. Did I mention I was excited?

Last week during this time so much uncertainty was in the air. Today most of my uncertainty has been answered in a tremendous way. Last week I was told New York was out of the question and that it will be there next year. Today , I am packing to go to New York. Praise God. Did I mention I was excited?

I promise that I will rest when I need to rest. I promise I will get up and walk on the bus every hour. I am so excited about seeing the store windows, the tree, the Rockettes and if I am up to it the Statue of Liberty. I think if I had all my energy and was not still recuperating that I would be bouncing off the walls right now. Did I mention I have to be up at 5 AM and it is 1:40 AM, shhh! I can't sleep on the bus since I have to walk every hour too, oh my. Oh by the way, Did I mention I am so excited?

Let me tell you that I am proud. I love food. I have not even thought about what meals I need to buy or what they might be. My precious friend told me tonight to eat a slice of pizza and it took me a moment to realize she was talking about New York style pizza, duh! For the first time ever food is not a priority, yayyy!I just want to see the lights, the buzz and the excitement. Yep, that excitement word again, sorry.

I want to praise God in so many ways. For his healing touch, gentle hand and compassion. Because of him I am able to experience the big joy and excitement I am experiencing now. Thank you for letting this be a positive week. Thank you for allowing me to experience this trip. Thank you for the birth of Jesus . Thank you God for your Saving Grace.

By the way, Did I mention I am excited?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Becky,
I hope you have a wonderful time in New York!!!  We are so grateful to God that all your tests came back good and that He made this trip possible.  I am proud of you and your outlook.  You are truly a precious friend and I value our friendship to the utmost.  I am excited for you and I hope you know how much I love you.  Jennifer