Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Red Car Syndrome

I have always heard rumors that red cars get more speeding tickets. Well I no longer have to believe rumors because I have proof. I bought a fire engine red car in February 2006 and as of today I have received two speeding tickets both in the last nine months. I am 34 and until September of last year had never received a ticket and I used to drive a little white Geo. I do not drive any faster in this car than I did the Geo but have been ticketed twice now.

 What's a girl to do? Well, drive slower but I am driving with traffic. The first one my mind was elsewhere but this last one I was speeding up to merge onto the interstate because cars were coming beside me quickly. I sped up to get over and was coasting when I saw a motorcycle on the side of the road parked , it didn't even look like a state trooper cycle just a regular motorcycle. The officer was hiding behind a concrete slab and ran out pointed for me to get over. I am sure the man behind me was happy it was me and not him but what angers is me is the car beside me was going faster but guess what, his car wasn't red. The officer actually scared me running out from the concrete slab and pointing at me I thought he was some mad man on the side of the road.

Needless to say I think I am trading my car soon for a more neutral color.


Tags:

No comments: