Sunday, September 14, 2008

Trigger Foods

I have been hearing and thinking alot about trigger foods. Foods that you can not just eat one serving or foods that cause you to binge. For a long time I did not think I really had one trigger food. All food was a trigger food for me.

This past week or two of getting back on track, I have discovered a trigger food. The salt on potato chips, cheetos, tortilla chips, etc. It does not matter if they are baked, light or full fat. Once I have the saltiness , I not only can not stop eating them but then the saltiness leads me to crave my most precious Pepsi that I try to limit to one can a day. Unfortunately if I add any kind of chip to the mix, my Pepsi intake increases which in turn my calories for the day increase. Oh my !

On the journey of life and weight loss, we learn lessons. Even though it will be hard, I will have to stay clear of my trigger food,  chips. I need to remember in my junior year of high school , I dropped chips and soda and lost 40 pounds. Hmmh, can I do it again?

What are your trigger foods? Have you really thought about it?

No comments: