Friday, September 5, 2008

Cactus, ever had it....

Cactus.... I never thought of eating it. Last night we tried a new Mexican cuisine restaurant in Suffolk. I could not decide what I wanted but once I saw grilled mushrooms were in the vegetarian fajitas, I was sold. Also in the veggie fajitas was cactus, I thought this will be interesting but I will give it a try. Let me tell you these fajitas were delicious. I did not even miss the meat. The cactus was cut in long strips almost like a string bean. Evidently cactus absorbs seasonings because the flavor was outstanding. I can not say it was 100% the cactus that made the flavor but the cactus absorbed the seasonings. Some fajitas you get are only the meat and cut vegetables with no seasonings. These were seasoned perfectly, ummmh. I may have to go back soon.

If you ever see it on the menu especially with fajitas, give it a try, you might like it.

Cactus Leaves
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Tags: ,

No comments: