Friday, November 16, 2007

I knew it was a little too quiet

All you parents know that if it is too quiet there is trouble. OHH! That is so true.

Last night my nephew and I were cooking and washing dishes. He put Dawn dish soap on his hands and rubbed his hands together until they were white and foamy. He then kept trying to put all the soap on me. He left the room and I continued to cook but realized he was too quiet and that he had not rinsed his hands. I quietly tiptoed into the living room as the cat was running from him. You guessed it , he had smeared all the soap on his hands onto the poor innocent kitty. I immediately start fussing and tried to catch the cat. Dawn may be ok to clean ducks but ducks do not bathe themselves like a cat does. I saw a veterinarian bill coming for ingestion of soap. I snatched the cat up and took him into the bathroom. I knew I was in for a battle. If you have a cat then you know that cats and water do not mix. I took a wet washcloth and started to wash him down. The cat did not even cry or meow. He put his head on my arm and seemed to be enjoying his washcloth bath. I rubbed him with more water and he purred as if thinking me for the massage he was getting. How strange! That is about as long as it lasted. When I went into round three , he definitely was very vocal and when I put him down the the cat took off and munchkin did too. He was scared. I think I would run too if I were either one of them. A mischievous kid and kitty wanting revenge, hmmh. Munchkin did say, " I think kitty might want to kill me." My reply, " Well not kill you but he may want to slap you around a few times though."

Lesson learned again, quietness means trouble.

Regret, not taking a picture because cats are so funny looking when they are wet.


Tags: , ,

No comments: