Sunday, November 4, 2007

Another good chuckle

If you know me at all , I am the type that finds the dumbest things amusing when I am under stress. Well I guess I should say first, please uplift my father and my family in prayer. He is in the hospital with potential heart problems. He is currently in ICU. It has been a rough day. We do know the EKG was fine and his electrolytes are fine but his heart keeps racing and his defibrillator keeps jolting him into a normal beat. The defibrillator is normal too. So for now we are in limbo. Well not limbo because God is in control.

Back to the amusing item. I was pumping up my nephew's air mattress. I read the side of the mattress and the warning label said... Only Use Under Competent Supervision. Competent Supervision not Adult Supervision. Right there and then I knew I could not pump it up. Wow is this a new way to avoid lawsuits for the manufacturer. If something goes wrong and you are an adult they can quip back that you were not competent. I know I am smart but a lot of times I am not competent especially under stress. Anyone else find that comical or am I overstressed?

No comments: