Friday, July 6, 2007

A night on the town

 
I went out with a friend to a local country night club. Boy oh boy am I glad that I do not have to rely on getting drunk to have a good time .I can not even tell you about some of the things I saw at this place. Well some would find it normal but from a Christian perspective, oh wow the rapture has to be coming.  I have never been in the drinking environment but will admit I have had a drink or two but it is not my lifestyle and I don't care to waste my money on such things. I am glad the Lord gave me a Christian environment to be raised in with parents who made sure they knew where I was and what I was doing. I, like a lot of people, did my own thing at 21 but learned quick it was not me or what I stood for. But Praise God that he is a forgiving God.
 
You may ask, why did you go there if it is not your style. I try to be a witness to others in my life and thoughts and that can not always happen in my Christian environment. So when my friend said , lets go , I went. I  hope one day I can share my God and my life with these friends. I do not believe you can do this without going to where they go and do what they do. I did not do anything unchristian like but I showed them I wasn't too good to be there.
 
 The next question, will I go back. I have no plans at this time but will go if asked and hope I can save a life in more than one way through Christ and being the DD.
 
Update: This friend went with me to my church's 4th of July picnic and had a good time and spent the evening with me at Busch , so she was able to see how to have a good time without the drinking and carrying on.
 
Dear Lord, Please help to remember to be a witness in all that I do and protect me when I venture out to the places that people need to see and hear about your love and salvation.  

No comments: