Monday, July 28, 2008

Prayer requests

I am a little blue this week and need some prayer. We are having to close my little store that I run but are keeping our main store open. I am glad to be rid of the stress of supplying and staffing two stores. I am sad that it was not a success. I am worried about going to work at the main store again after having my own little territory.

I have started a new shot to prevent some of the problems I discussed in the previous post. It makes me hungry all the time. I know I have gained probably five pounds and I do not want to go backwards I want to go forwards in weight loss.

I am tired all the time. I have yet to recuperate from being on the go constantly in Orlando and immediately starting VBS at church. I worked everyday until 3:30 then went to church to prepare and would get home at 9:30. I was hoping to rest some Sunday but I could not sleep, I don't know why but I couldn't. I also had a unrestful night last night. I just need a good night's rest. I need to get rested so I can get back into my workout routine. I have no desire or energy at this point.

I was on a spiritual high after VBS last week. We had 17 kids come and I thought that was awesome because we average 1-2 elementary kids and 2-3 preschoolers for church on Sundays. We also have not had a VBS is 5-6 years. The non-supportive members of my church said, "I heard you only had 17 kids", I respond, "17 was awesome, we had alot of one on one time with them and it was a great week". They said, "in the past we had 40", I respond "in the past we had alot of kids coming to church on Sundays". I hate negativity and every direction I went on Sunday someone was being negative but the pastor. It took all my might not to say, If you didn't bother to come help or check it out then you are not entitled to an opinion. So my spiritual high went to a real fast low.

Uggh! Can you tell with all this going on that I am in a little " funk " right now. It is not depression but it is one of the low points in life. I do not like to askfor prayer for myself but I really need help changing my mindset right now. Please pray for me.


Tags: ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey friend!!
I am so sorry that I haven't called you back!!!  I know that you are sad about the store closing.  I will be praying that all goes well and that the transition to the other store will be a smooth one.

I will call you tomorrow and we can catch up.

Love ya, sis!!
Jen

Anonymous said...

This too shall pass....

I'm so sorry your store is closing.    I know you put a lot of effort into it.   Things will work out, and for the best, too.   God said.   (all thing work together for good for those who love God....Romans 8:28)

~Meg