Saturday, June 28, 2008

What a bummer Saturday!

I finally took a Saturday off , well not for nothing though, but for my nephew's 5th birthday party. On Wednesday, I had a scratchy throat. On Thursday it was full-blown soar throat. Maybe I will be better on Friday. On Friday it was just as bad but maybe I will be better tomorrow. On Saturday, it was horrible. I was determined not to miss his party. So I went and stayed way in the background. I did not even run around taking pictures. I was miserable. I barely drank 2 ounces of soda because it hurt so bad. The thought of cake and ice cream was not an option and it was such a cute Hulk cake too.

As soon as the party was over I headed over to the ER for three hours to find out I had severe tonsillitis due to strep. I had to have a shot and immediately start antibiotics. I asked the doctor for ice chips while I waited and he said I could have them but my throat was so swollen he was worried about me choking on the ice chips.

Now you ask, why did I not go to the doctor sooner? Well blame the doctors. They harp so much on not wanting to give antibiotics out that I am scared I will go and they send me home to say, wait it out. It has happened to me before. Then when I returned three days later they apologized and said I needed an antibiotic after all. HMMH! Now you know why I hate doctors.

On to the next subject, I missed WW because I was feeling so bad. I have not eaten anything but popsicles, slurpees and chicken broth since Thursday. Hmmh! The thought of food is revolting when it hurts so bad to swallow. It will be interesting to see my weigh-in this week even though I know it will be false because of my lack of food intake.

Please pray for me a fast recovery. The last few days have been miserable.


Tags: ,

No comments: